Roasted Garlic and Spinach Soup
You don't need to love spinach to enjoy this soup, but you do need to love garlic. This hearty soup is great at warming up chilled bodies on cold days.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat; saute garlic until browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer garlic to a work surface, reserving oil in the stockpot. Slice garlic.
- 2. Mix rice in the reserved oil until evenly coated; add tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Stir beef broth and spinach into tomato mixture; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir garlic into spinach mixture, cover stockpot, and simmer soup until flavors combine, 15 to 20 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
serving: 10 cups
calories: 223.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.8 g
protein: 6.5 g
saturated fat: 1.1 g
sodium: 736.2 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 1.3 g