Gnocchi with Sausage and Mushrooms
Gnocchi with sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and onions in vodka sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 (3.5 ounce) links hot Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups vodka marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove sausage and set aside, leaving residual oil in the pan.
- 2. Add mushrooms, onion, and remaining olive oil to the same skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked down, about 15 minutes. Return sausage to the skillet; add vodka sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper and allow sauce flavors to meld, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Serve cooked gnocchi with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 510.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 42.7 g
protein: 16.6 g
saturated fat: 11.2 g
cholesterol: 61.6 mg
sodium: 1134.6 mg
fiber: 5.6 g
sugar: 12.8 g