Gluten-Free Onion Topping
This is a tasty, gluten-free onion topping for casseroles or even to top a hamburger. They are 'oven-fried' and are similar to the popular fried-onions-in-a-can that are often used in the traditional green-bean casserole.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, halved and cut into short strips
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2. Mix flour, cornmeal, and salt together in a bowl. Toss onion in flour mixture until coated. Spread onion mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle remaining oil over onion.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven, tossing onions occasionally, until crisped and golden, about 30 minutes.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 47.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 6.1 g
protein: 0.6 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
sodium: 98 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 1.1 g