Cool Lime Pie
It took some experimenting, but I've finally come up with the perfect lime pie ... refreshing and easy. The pretzel crust adds an extra special touch and every time I serve it, I get rave reviews! When ready to serve, garnish each slice with a dollop of whipped topping and a lime slice.
- 1 ¼ cups crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine pretzels, sugar and butter. Press into a lightly greased 9 inch pie pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 4. To Make Filling: In a large bowl, combine limeade and condensed milk. Whisk in pudding mix. Allow mixture to set for 5 minutes. Stir in lime peel, then fold in whipped topping. Stir in green food coloring if desired.
- 5. Pour mixture into cooled pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.