Quick Bruschetta Chicken Bake
A simple yet creative chicken meal mimics the popular Italian appetizer 'bruschetta' for a delicious entree reminiscent of romantic Italian evenings.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Toss the cubed chicken with the salt in a large bowl. Place the chicken in a layer into the bottom of the baking dish. Stir together tomatoes, water, garlic, and stuffing mix in a large bowl; set aside to soften. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Spread the softened stuffing mixture on top.
- 3. Bake uncovered until the chicken cubes have turned white and are no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 349 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.9 g
protein: 39.2 g
saturated fat: 4.4 g
cholesterol: 90.3 mg
sodium: 1257.3 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 4.6 g