Simple and cheesy homemade baked macaroni dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 10 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3. In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk, and pepper. In a casserole dish, place about a third of the cooked macaroni in one layer, sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese, then layer the rest of the macaroni and cover with the remaining cheese. Coat evenly with the egg-milk mixture. Lastly, cut slices of butter and place them on top of the cheese.
- 4. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 494 kcal
carbohydrates: 44.4 g
protein: 23.9 g
saturated fat: 14.4 g
cholesterol: 113.5 mg
sodium: 390.2 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 1.5 g