Roasted Portobello, Red Pepper, and Arugula Salad for One
This is my super easy version of a salad I had at a restaurant in Chicago. I usually only cook for one, but this would be easy to make in a larger batch for more people.
- 1 portobello mushroom, stem removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ shallot, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 1 ounce grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon Greek salad dressing
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
- 2. Brush the mushroom on both sides with olive oil and place gill-side up onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with any remaining olive oil, and the red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with sliced garlic and shallot; season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the piece of roasted red pepper, and wrap the foil tightly around the mushroom.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven until the mushroom is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Toss the arugula with Romano cheese and salad dressing. Place onto a plate and top with the hot mushroom and pepper. Dig in!
serving: 1 salad
calories: 352.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.2 g
protein: 14.5 g
saturated fat: 7.6 g
cholesterol: 29.5 mg
sodium: 644.2 mg
fiber: 3.1 g
sugar: 5.6 g