Thai Vegetable Curry with Red Thai Curry Sauce
You can use pretty much any combination of vegetables in this veggie curry dish. With the help of store-bought red Thai curry sauce, this is a fast, easy, and delicious recipe to prepare for a busy weeknight! Top with cilantro.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 crown broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup chopped green beans
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 (11 ounce) bottle red Thai curry sauce (such as Trader Joe's®)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with water to cover. Microwave until fork-tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is almost completely soft, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper; cook until nearly tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons water. Add broccoli, green beans, and carrots. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Stir potatoes into the skillet with the vegetable mixture. Add curry sauce and coconut milk. Pour in pineapple chunks and about 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and stir. Serve with rice.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 321.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 56.6 g
protein: 7.2 g
saturated fat: 3.3 g
sodium: 203.1 mg
fiber: 5 g
sugar: 8.7 g