Avocado and Orange Sandwich
My hubby and his co-workers needed a tasty and healthy alternative to lunch. The flavors come together wonderfully in this veggie sandwich. It is a true California flavor explosion! This is a great sandwich to eat during Lent when you can't eat meat, or for a vegetarian meal anytime. You may toast the bread if you like, or add lettuce, cheese, or bacon.
- 8 (1 ounce) slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 large avocados - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) package alfalfa sprouts
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Arrange four of the bread slices on a flat surface; top each slice with two slices of orange, even amounts of avocado slices, and even amounts of sprouts. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinaigrette. Top each with remaining bread slices and serve.
serving: 4 sandwiches
calories: 407.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 42.6 g
protein: 12 g
saturated fat: 3.5 g
sodium: 309 mg
fiber: 15.2 g
sugar: 8.5 g