Fire-Roasted Corn Salsa
Fire-roasted corn and jalapenos come together with cilantro, tomatoes, and lime for a perfect summertime salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 ears corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 3. Coat corn and jalapeno peppers with olive oil.
- 4. Place corn and jalapenos on the preheated grill and cook, turning every 3 minutes, until corn is charred, about 15 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.
- 5. Dice jalapenos and cut corn kernels from the cob. Add jalapenos and corn kernels to the bowl of tomato-onion mixture; stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 108.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.3 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 0.8 g
sodium: 39.1 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 3.9 g