If you love lychee, you are sure to love these muffins. They have a very light sweet lychee taste.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (11 ounce) can lychees, drained
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2. Mix cake flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- 3. Strain lychees into a bowl, reserving canning liquid. Pat lychees dry with a paper towel; cut into small pieces. Add 3/4 of the pieces to the flour mixture; toss lightly.
- 4. Whisk sugar and egg together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in 5 tablespoons of the reserved canning liquid, butter, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture; stir batter until just moistened.
- 5. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each liner 3/4 full. Scatter remaining lychee pieces on top.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
serving: 9 muffins
calories: 193.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 30 g
protein: 2.2 g
saturated fat: 4.5 g
cholesterol: 38.7 mg
sodium: 111.4 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 11.3 g