Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
Invented this one cold Saturday morning. Smells so good while baking.
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 dashes ground sage
- 1 pinch seasoned salt (such as The Chef's Miracle Blend®), or to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 dashes ground sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Toss butternut squash with olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, ground sage, and seasoned salt in a 9x11-inch baking dish until coated.
- 3. Roast in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until butternut squash is tender, about 1 hour.
- 4. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 5. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until a smooth paste forms. Slowly pour in milk; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir sauce until thick and bubbling, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove sauce from heat; stir in roasted butternut squash, chili powder, ground sage, and rosemary. Puree sauce with an immersion blender until smooth.
- 7. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, spinach, egg, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- 8. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Repeat layers twice more, ending with remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- 9. Bake in the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese is melted, about 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
serving: 1 9x11-inch dish
calories: 345 kcal
carbohydrates: 33 g
protein: 18.7 g
saturated fat: 9.3 g
cholesterol: 67.7 mg
sodium: 366.7 mg
fiber: 4.1 g
sugar: 7 g