Kelly's Ham Jell-O® Salad
This different Jell-O® salad, made with cabbage, chopped ham, mayonnaise, and spicy brown mustard, has a taste that's more savory than sweet.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup cold water, or as needed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard, or to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1. Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Pour reserved pineapple juice and white wine vinegar into a measuring cup; add enough cold water to equal 1 cup. Stir water-juice mixture into gelatin mixture; refrigerate until cold and beginning to set, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard together in a bowl; whisk mayonnaise mixture into cooled lemon gelatin mixture until smooth. Gently fold cabbage, celery, ham, and reserved pineapple into gelatin. Transfer mixture into a ring-shaped gelatin mold.
- 3. Chill in refrigerator until firmly set, about 4 hours. To serve, dip gelatin mold into hot water to loosen the sides; place a plate on top of the mold, invert, and gently lift the mold from the salad.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 200.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.8 g
protein: 4.6 g
saturated fat: 2.8 g
cholesterol: 14.7 mg
sodium: 378.2 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 13.7 g