Gingerbread Cookies without Molasses
Beautiful brown, crisp, gingerbread cookie without molasses. Delicious. Roll and cut for gingerbread men. I've been using it for years.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in corn syrup and orange peel until well combined.
- 3. Sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a separate bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture until blended. Shape dough into several balls, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
- 4. Working in batches, place one ball of chilled dough on a floured surface and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
serving: 5 dozen cookies
calories: 72.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.4 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 2 g
cholesterol: 10.9 mg
sodium: 43.4 mg
fiber: 0.2 g
sugar: 5.2 g