Paleo Lemon and Tangerine Curd Topped with Salted Coconut Chips
Whole30®-compliant dessert! For a finer and less gritty curd, strain through a fine mesh sieve before refrigerating. You can add 1/4 cup of honey (when you add the eggs) and it would definitely kick up the sweetness factor. This hit the spot for me since I was looking for tangy, mildly sweet and salty.
- ½ cup tangerine juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- salt to taste
- 1. Stir tangerine juice and lemon juice together in a saucepan. Whisk eggs and egg yolk into juice mixture until smooth.
- 2. Heat juice mixture over medium-low heat. Whisk in 3 tablespoons coconut oil until well-combined. Add remaining coconut oil and cook, whisking constantly, until curd begins to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Spoon curd into small bowls or jars.
- 3. Cook and stir coconut flakes in a small skillet over medium heat until lightly golden and toasted, 2 to 5 minutes. Season with salt. Top curd with coconut flakes and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.