This Mexican breakfast dish is a mixture of tortilla strips with eggs and salsa.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 dried chile de arbol peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- salt to taste
- water to cover
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or to taste
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 4 eggs
- 1. Combine tomatoes, chile de arbol peppers, onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, and salt in a saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes and peppers soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer chile peppers to a blender using a slotted spoon; blend until smooth. Pour in tomato mixture; blend until smooth.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir corn tortillas in the hot oil until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Crack in eggs; stir until scrambled and set, about 5 minutes. Strain blended sauce over tortillas and eggs; mix well.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 329.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 36.2 g
protein: 13.4 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 163.7 mg
sodium: 221 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 3.7 g