Corn Meal Supper Biscuits
These quick and easy corn meal biscuits with buttermilk bake up moist and tender, perfect with just about any hearty meal.
- Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- ½ cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening*
- ¾ cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, corn meal mix and sugar in medium bowl; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Add buttermilk; stir with fork until a soft dough forms and mixture pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 3. Knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter; place biscuits on prepared cookie sheet
- 4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
serving: 14 biscuits
calories: 73.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.8 g
protein: 2.2 g
saturated fat: 1.2 g
cholesterol: 0.6 mg
sodium: 267 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 0.7 g