Ghirardelli's® "Hot Chocolate" and Toasted Marshmallow Cookies
A lovely, warm holiday cookie, featuring decadent chocolate and an over-the-top twist on the traditional holiday treat.
- ¾ cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1. Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips gently in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water (bain marie). Set aside to cool.
- 2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl, and stir together.
- 3. Beat the butter and sugar together until thick and creamy. Beat in eggs one by one. Add cooled melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- 4. Fold dry ingredients and 2 1/4 cups chocolate chips into the mix and stir until combined.
- 5. Scoop cookie with a 1 tablespoon scoop (if the mix is soft you can pop it in the fridge to stiffen up and this will make it easier to scoop).
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes. Take care not to overbake as these cookies should be almost brownie-like.
- 7. Once baked, pop a marshmallow on top and put it back in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes for a lovely toasted effect.
serving: 30 cookies
calories: 168.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 22.6 g
protein: 2 g
saturated fat: 5.4 g
cholesterol: 15.3 mg
sodium: 67.4 mg
fiber: 1.2 g
sugar: 15.4 g