Nontraditional Crab Dip
Hot Jalapeno Crab cheese spread. Serve hot with crackers or sliced French bread. For a more Mexican taste, replace lemon juice with lime juice and serve with tortilla chips. A hit at all of my parties. Can make dip a day ahead then bake the day of. Super Easy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, imitation crab, green onion, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno and 1 cup shredded cheese. Transfer to an oven safe serving dish, or nice pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
- 3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are boiling and cheese has melted in the center.