Lemon Kiss Cookies
Lemon flavored cookies wrapped around a chocolate kiss and drizzled in chocolate. Yum-m-mmm!
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chopped almonds
- 60 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1. In large bowl, beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar and lemon extract until light and fluffy. Add flour and almonds; beat at low speed until well blended. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3. Shape scant tablespoons dough around each kiss, covering completely. Roll in hands to form ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes until set and bottom edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove to rack and cool completely. Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar.
- 4. In small pan, melt chocolate squares and stir in oil until smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.
serving: 5 dozen
calories: 121.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.6 g
protein: 1.6 g
saturated fat: 4.2 g
cholesterol: 13.3 mg
sodium: 36.8 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 3.9 g