Cottage Cheese Souffle
An ideal 'fridge cleaner' recipe. Substitute cheese and bacon with whatever leftovers you have in your fridge!
- 4 eggs
- 6 ½ tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 2 ¼ cups cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, finely diced
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, and slowly whisk in whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg. Mix in the cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and crispy, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the souffle comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 421.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 9.4 g
protein: 27.9 g
saturated fat: 14.9 g
cholesterol: 191.7 mg
sodium: 896.3 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 0.8 g