Spinach and Feta Pita Bake
This is great as a party appetizer or a full meal. Tasty, full of flavor and good for you. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! Our favorite quick meal!
- 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto
- 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread and place them pesto-side up on a baking sheet. Top pitas with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese; drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until pita breads are crisp, about 12 minutes. Cut pitas into quarters.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 349.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 41.6 g
protein: 11.6 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 12.6 mg
sodium: 587.1 mg
fiber: 6.9 g
sugar: 2.8 g