Meatloaf with a crescent roll crust.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch parsley flakes, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Beat 1 egg in a large bowl until foamy. Add onion, ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic; mix until combined. Mold mixture into a loaf on a baking sheet.
- 4. Unroll crescent rolls and use to cover meatloaf completely, seaming seals and perforations so that no meat is visible.
- 5. Whisk remaining egg and water in a small bowl to make egg wash. Brush egg wash over crust.
- 6. Bake meatloaf in the preheated oven until crust is very dark and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 45 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 748.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 37.8 g
protein: 46.4 g
saturated fat: 16.9 g
cholesterol: 228.7 mg
sodium: 1359.4 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 7.5 g