Easy Mocha Biscotti
Simple yet delicious biscotti. Coffee and chocolate - what a wonderful combination. Tasty suggestions include adding 1/3 cup toasted almond slivers or 1/3 cup chocolate morsels.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lightly salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 2. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time and blend well.
- 3. Mix flour, coffee, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a bowl and whisk to blend. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until dough is blended.
- 4. Lightly oil a large square of aluminum foil. Place dough on top and use foil to roll into a log about 12 inches long. Open the foil and slip dough log onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten log to about 1 1/2 inches in height.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool 10 minutes, leaving oven on. Slice log into 12 biscotti using a serrated knife. Stand biscotti upright on the baking sheet, leaving 1/2 inch space between each.
- 6. Return to the oven and bake 12 minutes more. Remove and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Store biscotti in an airtight container.
serving: 12 biscotti
calories: 208 kcal
carbohydrates: 29.5 g
protein: 3.6 g
saturated fat: 5.3 g
cholesterol: 51.3 mg
sodium: 128.5 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 12.6 g