Easy Hand-Held Chicken Pot Pies
Easy mini hand pies are made of biscuit dough, canned chicken, and frozen vegetables for a simple and savory hand-held snack or appetizer.
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (12.5 fl oz) cans diced chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands!®)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2. Pour mixed vegetables into a microwave-safe bowl. Add water. Heat in the microwave until warmed through, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add mixed vegetables, diced chicken, condensed soup, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until filling is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- 4. Open biscuits and flatten each circle out with your fingertips. Place a portion of filling on one half of a circle and fold the other half over. Press edges with a fork to seal closed. Place mini pie carefully onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until the outsides are golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
serving: 16 mini hand pies
calories: 286.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 29.3 g
protein: 14.5 g
saturated fat: 3.3 g
cholesterol: 29.2 mg
sodium: 923 mg
fiber: 1.3 g
sugar: 4.8 g