Baked Mushroom, Spinach, and Chicken Gnocchi
This gnocchi bake with leftover rotisserie chicken is so good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ (3 pound) rotisserie chicken, boned and shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- 3. Melt butter in the same skillet. Whisk in flour until a paste forms, about 3 minutes. Whisk in milk and broth until smooth. Simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and nutmeg. Add mushrooms, chicken, gnocchi, and spinach to the sauce. Stir until gnocchi are coated and spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Pour mixture into a large baking dish. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 20 minutes.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 452.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.1 g
protein: 39.9 g
saturated fat: 10.1 g
cholesterol: 135.4 mg
sodium: 653.8 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 3.7 g