You-Won't-Believe-They're-Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
The cookies have a light, chewy texture with a little crunch from the nuts. They are packed full of pumpkin and spice flavor. Great breakfast on the go or as a snack or dessert. A must have at your next holiday celebration and no one will believe they are vegan!
- 4 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 4 cups raw sugar
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with baking parchment.
- 2. Beat pumpkin puree, sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cloves together until smooth. Stir flour and baking soda into the pumpkin mixture to make a dough. Mix pecan pieces into the dough. Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and no longer gooey in the middle, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheet for 10 minutes before moving to wire cooling racks to cool completely.