Thai Spicy Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Canned tuna, chilies, green onion, sesame oil and a spicy mayo on top of lettuce leaves turns this into a great appetizer or even a light meal. My family said, 'It's so good you can't tell it's canned tuna.'
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Asian red chili paste (sambal)
- 3 (5 ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 6 green onions, chopped, divided
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped Thai basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons Asian red chili paste (sambal)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro or Thai basil for garnish
- 1. Make the spicy mayo by mixing the sriracha, mayo and Asian red chili paste together; refrigerate to chill.
- 2. Empty drained tuna into a large bowl. Break up tuna into large chunks.
- 3. Add 2/3 of the green onions to the tuna; reserve the rest for garnish.
- 4. Add the jalapeno, red bell pepper, red onion, shredded carrot, Thai basil and cilantro to the tuna and gently mix together, being careful not to break the tuna apart too much.
- 5. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, Asian chili paste, sesame seeds, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over tuna and mix carefully.
- 6. Spoon tuna mixture onto lettuce leaves and top with Spicy Mayo and reserved green onions.
- 7. Garnish with cilantro or Thai basil if you like.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 241.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.6 g
protein: 26.8 g
saturated fat: 1.1 g
cholesterol: 48.3 mg
sodium: 1250 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 5.9 g