Rosemary Chicken Fritters
Sliders, patties... whatever you call these rosemary-scented chicken fritters won't matter once you see how easy they are to make and eat.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup avocado oil, or as needed, for frying
- 1. Place 1/3 of the chicken pieces into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until broken down into small pieces; do not overprocess. Transfer chicken to a mixing bowl. Repeat 2 more times with remaining chicken.
- 2. Place celery, onion, carrots, garlic, and rosemary into the food processor and pulse several times until vegetables are 1/4 inch in size. Add to the mixing bowl with the chicken.
- 3. Add egg, almond flour, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the chicken mixture. Stir until evenly combined.
- 4. Pour 1/4 inch of avocado oil into a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until shimmering. Use a 1/4-cup measure to drop 6 portions of chicken mixture into the oil. Lightly press each mound into a 3-inch fritter. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and tops are browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- 5. Transfer cooked patties to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve warm.
serving: 12 fritters
calories: 147.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 2.3 g
protein: 7.7 g
saturated fat: 2.1 g
cholesterol: 39.9 mg
sodium: 243.4 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 0.8 g