Bundt® Kugel with Praline Topping
Passover perfection. Created this recipe over 20 years ago and it is enjoyed just as much now as it was then. Even folks who aren't sure about 'sweet noodles' love this. Praised by my Jewish mother-in-law as 'better than hers'!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) package yolk-free egg noodles (such as No Yolks®)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted and divided
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup applesauce
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a large fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) with cooking spray.
- 2. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a small bowl. Press butter mixture over the bottom and a little up the sides of the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the pecans over the butter mixture and press in well.
- 4. Drain noodles. Combine remaining pecans and butter, eggs, sour cream, applesauce, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add noodles and mix well. Pour mixture into the pan.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the kugel comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Place a large plate or platter over the pan and invert carefully to remove kugel.
serving: 1 Bundt(R)
calories: 386.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 49.1 g
protein: 7.3 g
saturated fat: 8.2 g
cholesterol: 83.3 mg
sodium: 298.3 mg
fiber: 2.4 g
sugar: 26.4 g