Arugula Salad with Fried Goat Cheese
A very simple salad that looks a lot more involved than it is!
- 1 (4 ounce) log goat cheese
- ½ cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Pull off small pieces of goat cheese and roll into dime-sized balls.
- 2. Pour panko bread crumbs into a bowl; roll goat cheese balls in crumbs until coated.
- 3. Heat olive oil and garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir goat cheese balls in the hot oil for 15 to 30 seconds. Scoop them back into the bowl of bread crumbs to create a second coating. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- 5. Broil goat cheese balls, shaking baking sheet every 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure even browning, about 2 minutes.
- 6. Toss arugula with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Divide among 4 serving bowls; top each bowl with warm goat cheese balls.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 360.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 13.2 g
protein: 8.1 g
saturated fat: 8.7 g
cholesterol: 22.4 mg
sodium: 411.6 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 3 g