Apple, Cheddar, and Rosemary Beer Bread
Apple chunks, sharp Cheddar cheese, and fresh rosemary are a great savory and sweet combination in this beer bread. It's especially good with soup or chili. I used an apple ale, but you may use your favorite beer.
- cooking spray
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Sift flour, sugar, and rosemary together into a large mixing bowl. Pour in beer; stir to combine. Stir in apple and Cheddar cheese until well combined; batter will be stiff and sticky. Scoop batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and pour melted butter on top. Return to oven and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes more.
serving: 1 9x5-inch loaf
calories: 253.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.6 g
protein: 6.7 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 11.2 mg
sodium: 651.4 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 6.6 g