Spicy Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Slow cooker corn chowder with a kick! Seriously, this corn chowder will clear your nostrils! It's very easy, and so, so delicious!
- 3 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Combine potatoes, chicken broth, cream-style corn, whole-kernel corn, half-and-half, butter, bell peppers, onion, and black pepper in a slow cooker set to Low.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet, breaking it up with a spoon into small pieces, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked sausage to a bowl, draining as much fat as possible. Sprinkle sausage with flour and toss to coat. Add sausage to the slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low, stirring regularly, until vegetables are tender, about 4 hours.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 363.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.5 g
protein: 11.2 g
saturated fat: 8.8 g
cholesterol: 50 mg
sodium: 991.9 mg
fiber: 4.1 g
sugar: 6.2 g