Sumney's Deer Jerky
Deer jerky with a very flavorful marinade using A1 Bold and Spicy Steak Sauce®.
- 4 pounds venison (deer meat)
- ⅔ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅔ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup steak sauce (such as A1®)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons flavor enhancer (such as Accent®)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1. Slice venison into 1/4 inch strips.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, seasoned salt, onion powder, pepper, flavor enhancer, garlic powder, and liquid smoke in a large glass or ceramic bowl; mix well. Add venison and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- 3. Set a dehydrator to 155 degrees F (68 degrees C).
- 4. Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Arrange venison on the dehydrator racks.
- 5. Cook in the dehydrator until desired dryness, 4 to 6 hours.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 199.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.1 g
protein: 32 g
saturated fat: 1.4 g
cholesterol: 114.3 mg
sodium: 1148.6 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 2.1 g