Marian's Creamed Corn
This is a treasured recipe from a dear family friend who has since passed. It's delicious served with savory holiday meals, and may be made as a side dish or a casserole. Everyone loves it! Omit toppings and baking steps to serve as a side dish, if desired.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Mix in sugar and stir until dissolved. Mix in corn and stir to coat. Stir in cream cheese and cook until melted and well blended.
- 3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 275.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 26.7 g
protein: 5 g
saturated fat: 11 g
cholesterol: 48.5 mg
sodium: 198.3 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 7.3 g