Vegan Broccoli Soup
I love this creamy, tasty recipe that is truly vegan. Stir in coconut milk and nutmeg for an additional rich, nutty flavor.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ½ cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Blend cashews and 1 cup vegetable broth in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 2. Pour the remaining 4 cups vegetable broth into a large pot; add potatoes and onion. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli and basil; return to a simmer. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir cashew mixture into soup; add salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and immediately remove from heat. Transfer about half the soup to a blender; blend until smooth. Return blended soup to pot and stir well. Serve immediately.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 353.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 44.6 g
protein: 12.8 g
saturated fat: 2.7 g
sodium: 1059.4 mg
fiber: 7.9 g
sugar: 9.4 g