"Spinach Salad" Chicken Bake
This recipe combines the elements of a spinach salad with chicken for a savory baked dish. I created it from ingredients that I needed to use before they went bad, and was very pleased with the results!
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded smoked provolone cheese
- 1. Combine chicken, honey mustard dressing, white wine, and black pepper in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag; seal and shake to mix. Let marinate in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- 3. Place bacon slices in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Heat olive oil and butter in the same skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Add shallots and garlic; cook until lightly browned and soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Remove chicken from marinade and place in the prepared baking dish. Discard marinade. Top each chicken breast with 1/3 of the spinach mixture, 1 slice of bacon, and 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes.
serving: 3 servings
calories: 700.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 16.6 g
protein: 37.8 g
saturated fat: 14.7 g
cholesterol: 116.7 mg
sodium: 875 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 11.1 g