Spicy Garlic Sauteed Shrimp and Spaghetti
Spicy shrimp sauteed in garlic with onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and herbs. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- ¾ pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped, or more to taste, divided
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped, or more to taste, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti, or as needed
- 1. Place shrimp on a work surface. Slice each shrimp horizontally through the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Open the 2 sides and spread them out like butterfly wings.
- 2. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Toss shrimp into the oil marinade and set aside.
- 3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a pan over low heat. Add sliced garlic. Cook until golden and infused in the oil, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic. Increase heat to medium. Add shrimp and marinade; cook until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- 4. Add onion, yellow bell pepper, and jalapeno to the pan; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, 1/2 the parsley, 1/2 the basil, oregano, and black pepper. Cook until reduced to your desired thickness, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- 6. Toss spaghetti noodles into the tomato-pepper sauce and stir in shrimp. Sprinkle remaining parsley and basil on top. Serve immediately.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 543.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 71.8 g
protein: 26.8 g
saturated fat: 2.3 g
cholesterol: 129.2 mg
sodium: 1169.4 mg
fiber: 4.7 g
sugar: 5.8 g