Grilled Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
A little bit of sweet and a little bit of spicy. A nice twist to a traditionally seasonal food.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 2. Cook potatoes on High heat in a microwave oven until softened slightly, about 10 minutes. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick sticks.
- 3. Combine salt, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, chipotle powder, vinegar, and olive oil in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Place sweet potatoes in spice mixture; cover and shake gently until well coated.
- 4. Grill over low to medium heat, turning often and basting with any leftover sauce. Cook until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 160.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 23.3 g
protein: 1.9 g
saturated fat: 1 g
sodium: 354 mg
fiber: 3.6 g
sugar: 4.8 g