Vegan Tofu and Sweet Potato Curry
This simple vegan curry with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peas, and tofu is easy to make and checks all the food group boxes.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 4 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup warm vegetable stock
- ½ (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 9 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Dust with curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- 2. Stir tomatoes and their juices into the pot. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until sweet potatoes are soft, 12 to 15 minutes. Add peas and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tofu and carefully mix together. Heat for 3 minutes. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 276.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.8 g
protein: 11 g
saturated fat: 0.9 g
sodium: 376.5 mg
fiber: 8.2 g
sugar: 13.1 g