Chicken Breast with Artichokes and Bacon
Flavorful boneless chicken breasts with artichokes and bacon simmered in a white wine reduction with a splash of cream. Serve this with orzo and a nice Greek salad.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups white wine, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons white sugar, or to taste
- ⅓ cup half-and-half
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add chicken and cook until brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- 3. Place mushrooms and green onions in the skillet and saute until mushrooms are soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add artichokes, garlic, and oregano and saute for 1 minute. Add bacon. Stir in wine and sugar and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce reduces, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Place chicken breasts in back in the sauce. Add half-and-half and simmer for 1 minute.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 494 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.7 g
protein: 29.7 g
saturated fat: 9 g
cholesterol: 97.2 mg
sodium: 442.5 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 3.6 g