Key Lime Cheesecake II
Key lime cheesecake - sweet, tart and delicious! You may add 1 drop of green food coloring if desired. Garnish with whipped cream.
- 1 ½ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ pounds cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. To make Crust: In a bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar, stir in the butter well. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 10 inch springform pan and bake the crust in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.
- 2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, flour, lime juice and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- 3. Pour the filling over the crust. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and bake for 50 to 55 minutes longer, or until center is barely set. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack, then chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand.
serving: 1 - 9 inch cake
calories: 370.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 27.7 g
protein: 6.8 g
saturated fat: 15.9 g
cholesterol: 117.1 mg
sodium: 232.1 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 18.4 g