Korean Crab Cakes
Crab cakes with a Korean flair! These are great, I like to eat them with sweet and sour sauce, or hoisin sauce! Tasty!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat - drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 ounces chopped shrimp
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless French bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cilantro, fresh ginger, and fish sauce. Mix in crab, shrimp, and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Place remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs on a plate or shallow bowl. Drop 1/4 of the crab mixture onto breadcrumbs, and turn to coat. Shape into a circle or oval. repeat with remaining crab mixture.
- 3. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook cakes in oil for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
serving: 4 crab cakes
calories: 254.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 9.6 g
protein: 14.5 g
saturated fat: 2.8 g
cholesterol: 74.5 mg
sodium: 619.9 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 1 g