Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
This recipe has fewer calories without the rich crust, but still a yummy comfort food.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 2. Beat eggs together in a bowl. Add hash browns and mix well; season with salt and pepper. Press hash brown mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Mix vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken together in a bowl and spread over the crust; top with bread crumbs. Drizzle butter over bread crumb layer and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bread crumbs are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 290.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 34 g
protein: 14.6 g
saturated fat: 6.2 g
cholesterol: 89.7 mg
sodium: 519.1 mg
fiber: 4.6 g
sugar: 1.4 g