Sweet Onion Broccoli Cornbread
This is my grandmother's recipe for a very hearty cornbread that is more of a true side dish than just a bread.
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package corn bread mix (such as Jiffy®)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch metal baking pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix together the sweet onion, broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, corn bread mix, and margarine. Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and the casserole has risen, about 45 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 277.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 22.1 g
protein: 9.2 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 96.9 mg
sodium: 980.7 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 4.5 g