These flavorful, round cheese bites are a zesty baked snack that you'll want to pop down one after another.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1. In a medium bowl, knead together butter, all-purpose flour, Cheddar cheese and dry onion soup mix. Divide into two equal portions. Form each portion into a log shape. Wrap with wax paper. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, until firm.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. Cut the log shapes into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- 4. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
serving: 30 pennies
calories: 441.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.4 g
protein: 14.1 g
saturated fat: 21.2 g
cholesterol: 95.8 mg
sodium: 656.9 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 0.4 g