Tart with Zucchini, Prosciutto, and Pine Nuts
This savory tart is filled with delightful Italian flavors and it is ideal for a takeaway lunch or a picnic. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1. Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup butter, 1 egg, sour cream, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; knead until dough comes together. Shape dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 2. Roll out dough into a 10-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface.
- 3. Grease a 9-inch tart tin with 1 teaspoon butter. Press dough into the tart tin. Trim edges with a sharp knife. Place crust in the refrigerator.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 6. Mix ricotta cheese and 1 egg together in a bowl. Fold in zucchini and Parmesan cheese gently.
- 7. Sprinkle bread crumbs over chilled crust; cover with prosciutto slices. Spread ricotta-zucchini mixture evenly over prosciutto. Smooth the top with a spatula; sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- 8. Bake in the preheated oven until center is firm and top is golden, about 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
serving: 1 9-inch tart
calories: 278.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 18 g
protein: 10.7 g
saturated fat: 8.2 g
cholesterol: 74.7 mg
sodium: 486.9 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 1 g