Delicious quesadillas with cheese and steamed vegetables like broccoli, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 small button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2. Place zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, onion and mushrooms in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Place two tortillas, side by side, on the prepared baking sheet. On each tortilla layer cheddar cheese, vegetables, then Monterey jack cheese. Top each with another tortilla.
- 4. Place under the broiler and cook until lightly browned. Carefully turn tortillas and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 787.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 99.7 g
protein: 33.1 g
saturated fat: 14.2 g
cholesterol: 54.8 mg
sodium: 1308.8 mg
fiber: 12.7 g
sugar: 14.3 g