Green Bean Supreme
A nice addition to the usual Thanksgiving side dishes!
- 2 cups chopped fresh green beans
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 12 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onion rings
- 1. Steam beans over a pot of boiling water until tender but still firm. Rinse under cold water to cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions. Add salt, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup; mix well.
- 4. In a small casserole dish, layer half the beans, chestnuts, cheese and soup mixture. Repeat layer.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with onions and heat 10 minutes longer.
serving: 6 to 8 servings
calories: 366.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.7 g
protein: 13.9 g
saturated fat: 14.6 g
cholesterol: 59.8 mg
sodium: 1175.7 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 3 g