Campbell's® Slow-Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
The slow-cooker simmers chicken, potatoes, carrots, and celery in a creamy sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, to be topped with tender dumplings made easy with baking mix.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1. Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2. Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- 3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 4. Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Spoon the batter over the chicken mixture. Turn the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 330.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.3 g
protein: 22.1 g
saturated fat: 3.5 g
cholesterol: 51.7 mg
sodium: 993.7 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 3.9 g